Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
Ampersand wasn’t the only type conference this past weekend. From June 15 to 18 a sizable part of the type world was in Istanbul, Turkey for the second ISType (Istanbul Type Seminars). This lecture and workshop series conceived by typographers / designers / educators Onur Yazıcıgil (Sabancı University) and Alessandro Segalini (Izmir University of Economics) is devoted to encouraging [...]Read more
With Ampersand less than a week away, it’ll be no time before we begin to see type looking a little better on the web. Designers making smarter use of webfonts gets us a long way, but a persistent hurdle to harnessing web typography’s potential has been browser support. Back in April, one development we cheered [...]Read more
I Could Have Done This… documents Briar Mark’s creation of a hand-stitched poster.Read more
The results for the 2012 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- Like I mentioned in my last post I attended/spoke at my share of conferences these past few weeks, yet the…Read more
- It seems to me that organisers of type and design conferences are becoming slightly sadistic. After every event video impressions…Read more
- ISType (Istanbul Type Seminars) is devoted to encouraging typographic literacy in Turkey.…Read more
- I hope everyone is having a great time at Ampersand! Another Spring conference I unfortunately couldn’t attend was ICTVC, the…Read more
- Type and the Birmingham Institute of Art & Design collaborate on The House of Caslon, a short animation about the…Read more