Fonts in Use » My Type of Music
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
Almost Blue is an overview of sleeves that are based on specific releases by Blue Note Records, or that are designed to evoke the classic Blue Note cover art style.Read more
It’s time for another look at recent album covers. These are all records released in the second half of September.Read more
Just like its sister category ScreenFonts, the other popular category My Type of Music comes to the FontFeed as well.Read more
I hate it when this happens. I mean, yes it’s good but no it’s not good. The album cover for Beck – Modern Guilt is well designed of course, with intriguing black and white photography and clean straightforward typography in Helvetica caps, very much in the International Style. But I’d expect an artist like Beck [...]Read more
- Logan Walters has re-envisioned Wu-Tang albums as Reid Miles-era Blue Note Records sleeves.…Read more
- The FontFeed loves Blue Note Records and Reid Miles, so it was with great pleasure that I discovered the Barack…Read more
- A promotional video for the Bellavista Social Pub recreates a number of Blue Note album covers as tableaux vivants.…Read more
- The music video for “Soul Man” inventively integrates design and typography in the footage to visualise the lyrics.…Read more
- Submit your favourite album cover of the decade so we can assemble a FontFeed list.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)