Fonts in Use » Lovely Lettering
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
Over three decades in development, aerosol art has grown into a complex and systematic hand lettering artform. Worldwide, practitioners have developed regional commonalities leading to distinct geographical styles. While “style writers” introduce new ideas, their discoveries echo throughout the international graffiti community. Thanks to the internet, the fusion of style has become common practice among the [...]Read more
In graffiti, staying original is a requirement for respect amongst its practitioners. Besides the undocumented “interactions” with police, problems with rivals, and staying active; being able to constantly re-invent yourself is something most writers live for. The title of Style Master has strict criteria; nonetheless new kings always emerge with innovative concepts and techniques to [...]Read more
- Caution! Falling counters!…Read more
- There is little doubt that this is the one. Arguably the most important type-related book of the decade has been…Read more
- Like I mentioned in my announcement of the TDC Medal 2014 for contemporary type design powerhouse David Berlow, mid-July was…Read more
- The Monotype, ITC, Adobe, and Linotype libraries were all updated last month with new releases and specially priced value packs.…Read more
- Helvetica is a classic. Helvetica is played out. Each of these statements is true to an extent. The world’s most…Read more