Fonts in Use » Lovely Lettering
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
I received a package in the mail last week. A seemingly innocent gift, yet now I’m wondering if I should be grateful, suspicious, or very, very worried. This post needs some background and context, so please bear with me while I work my way to the point of this cute little story.Read more
Daniel Adolph of German design bureau 0c/0m/0y/0k has created Garamond Powerline, a typeface whose letters are built using photographs of powerlines.Read more
Over three decades in development, aerosol art has grown into a complex and systematic hand lettering artform. Worldwide, practitioners have developed regional commonalities leading to distinct geographical styles. While “style writers” introduce new ideas, their discoveries echo throughout the international graffiti community. Thanks to the internet, the fusion of style has become common practice among the [...]Read more
- Express your feelings publicly for your favourite typeface in haiku form in another Valentine-inspired type contest, over at the Extensis…Read more
- The last thing you want in a promo for font management software is a missing font.…Read more
- Lifelounge are somewhat obsessed with good typography, and to celebrate this obsession they collaborated with some of the most creative…Read more
- The A-1 Scrabble Typography Edition is a beautiful limited edition of the timeless letter board game.…Read more
- We all know those YouTube videos in which students imitate their idols and end up reaching a larger audience with…Read more