Fonts in Use » Lovely Lettering
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
This weekend A2-TYPE – the type foundry set up in 2010 by Henrik Kubel and Scott Williams’ design studio A2/Sw/Hk – posted a wonderful and surprisingly touching video on Vimeo. I Can’t Draw Animals… shows type designer Henrik Kubel hand lettering his own narration, explaining why he draws type. The video was produced as a final piece [...]Read more
Some people say classics shouldn’t be messed with, but I see no harm in having a little fun with iconic fixtures of pop culture. And few are more iconic than the footage of Bob Dylan discarding cue cards to the lyrics of Subterranean Homesick Blues. Regarded widely as being the first “commercial” music video, in [...]Read more
With the modernisation of the urban landscape, vintage architectural lettering disappears at a worrying pace. Beautiful commercial signs above shop windows make way for default letter shapes in plexiglass and neon. As the logos of international chains take over, the couleur locale fades, making the typical shopping street look identical to any similar street in [...]Read more
See how Timothy Donaldson creates a new piece of calligraphy at Bilston Craft Gallery in this video.Read more
- TYPO London honours a tradition of its Berlin sister conference by organising a contest to win free tickets. As usual…Read more
- Just after the weekend, on Monday September 24, FontShop is proud to sponsor An Evening with Jesse Ragan, Typeface Designer,…Read more
- With the Making Future Magic project creative communications agency Dentsu London and design consultancy BERG create beautiful lettering using iPads.…Read more
- People who couldn’t attend were able to follow the conference online via Twitter chatter and visual impressions on the ATypI…Read more
- No real updates this week as I am currently attending ATypI Amsterdam 2013 “Point Counter Point”, getting immersed in nothing…Read more