Neville Brody & Erik Spiekermann at the Berlin Wall, November 1989
In 1989 Joan and Erik Spiekermann founded FontShop. That same year the Berlin Wall came down. On a visit to Berlin Neville Brody – who would co-found the FontFont library with Erik one year later – chipped away a fragment of the Wall, a moment immortalised by Joan. FSI FontShop International and its Berlin-based type foundry FontFont today celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- You can always count on the TYPO organisers to come up with fun surprise initiatives. Their Early Bird reduced rates…Read more
- In celebration of our fifteenth anniversary, FSI FontShop International has released a delicious 352-page hardcover FontFont showcase filled with illustrations,…Read more
- FontFont represents some of the most talented and interesting type designers in the world. In celebration of FontShop’s 20th…Read more
- Two identical pictures of two maverick type designers, almost 20 years apart – Erik van Blokland and Just van Rossum…Read more
- Today is a groundbreaking day in FontShop’s 25 year history, the most important one since our formation. The US typeface…Read more