ATypI’09 Preview | Mexico, Forging The Character
Here’s a little taster of Mexican type design, a sneak preview if you will, to get in the mood for the upcoming ATypI Mexico – TYP09 “The Heart Of The Letter” – which will be held in the School of Design of Anáhuac University from October 26 to 30, 2009. Isaías Loaiza Ramírez uploaded on Flickr the slides for “Mexico, Forging The Character”, a presentation at TypeCon2007 “Letter Space” in Seattle. It gives a concise overview of the history of type and lettering in Mexico, and concludes with a gallery of contemporary Mexican type designs. Even without accompanying explanations you can easily make out what it is about. The slides are very well designed, with a nicely integrated time line as visual and functional device. You can see all the slides in the Flickr Photo Stream, but for your viewing pleasure I have reprised the slides with the typefaces used in the promotional video.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- ATypI announces the upcoming Conference TYP09 “The Heart Of The Letter” in Mexico City with a wonderful motion graphics video.…Read more
- People who couldn’t attend were able to follow the conference online via Twitter chatter and visual impressions on the ATypI…Read more
- ATypI Mexico – TYP09 “The Heart Of The Letter” is approaching fast, so don’t procrastinate if you want to attend.…Read more
- Excitement is building in the Bay Area, both at FontShop’s San Francisco office and the local (and not-so local) design…Read more
- PsychoTypoGraph, the wonderful short film by Spanish multimedia label The Cocoe Conspiracy, is a trip inside the dream of an…Read more