ATypI’08 | Frying Power Cords
And then, suddenly and very unexpectedly, disaster hits. I was feverishly typing notes of the presentations yesterday afternoon when another person using a computer on the left side of the conference room noticed the distinct smell of burning plastic. We immediately looked for the source and discovered the extension cord everyone was plugged into was literally smoking. By the time we disconnected the computers it was too late. All the power supplies had fried.
This means I only have a limited time before my battery will run out again. I managed to replenish it this morning, as Joan Spiekermann graciously lent me her power cord. By limiting the time I work on my computer I hope to be able to continue taking notes, but that’s about all I’ll be doing today and tomorrow.
So, that’s all you’ll hear from me for the foreseeable future. Sorry’boutthat, really can’t help it.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- In less than an hour the registration desks at the Novellus Theater of the Yerba Buena Center for The Arts…Read more
- It was early this morning that I got the news of two Norwegian type designers, Frode Bo Helland and Sindre…Read more
- Lifelounge are somewhat obsessed with good typography, and to celebrate this obsession they collaborated with some of the most creative…Read more
- After a long period of illness the Austrian graphic designer Othmar Motter died on Friday December 17 in Hard near…Read more
- One of the winners at the recent European Design Awards was Gewone Letters – Gerrit’s Early Models which won Bronze…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)