Album Covers Recreated In Clip-Art And Comic Sans
Joni Mitchell sang in Big Yellow Taxi “Don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone?” This concept is illustrated with wit and humour on the Tumblr log Clipart Covers. Under the banner “Purists beware!” classic (and not so classic) album covers are recreated in clip-art and Comic Sans. I know I sometimes rail against poor imagery and inappropriate typography in my My Type of Music series, but those transgressions pale when compared to the hilarious mediocrity on display here. A good song can be successfully performed on a simple acoustic guitar or piano, yet it is disconcerting – and very funny – to see wonderful graphic concepts and iconic designs crumble before your very eyes when translated into asinine clip-art and the poorest of typefaces. The resulting covers conjure up haunting memories of the days before Internet was widely available in offices, when “creative” co-workers with too much time on their hands and a cheap clip-art CD created the cave art of the technology age. Giggle-worthy. And the best part is that you can request remakes yourself.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The music video for “Nein Mann” by German electro house project Laserkraft 3D features hand lettering and dingbats that visualise…Read more
- Logan Walters has re-envisioned Wu-Tang albums as Reid Miles-era Blue Note Records sleeves.…Read more
- The FontFeed loves Blue Note Records and Reid Miles, so it was with great pleasure that I discovered the Barack…Read more
- Some people say classics shouldn’t be messed with, but I see no harm in having a little fun with iconic…Read more
- On Thursday, April 28, my new band Rosa Luxe* presents our debut album in Damberd, Gent, Belgium.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)