A Few Good Words for the Good Book
Popular design blog i love typography also celebrated FontBook recently with a review and a contest to place FontBooks in the hands of famous movie characters. We were simultaneously amused and frightened. We promise this silliness was not organized or produced by FontShop … but we strongly encourage it.
Finally, a short film by i love typography editor and FontBook fan, John Boardley:
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- In a world made up entirely of trademarks and brand names, Michelin Man cops pursue a criminal Ronald McDonald.…Read more
- A vintage short documentary produced by Encyclopædia Britannica Films Inc. in 1947 explains the process from copy setting to binding.…Read more
- FontBook for iPad – not a book, but a typographic atlas with 620,000 font samples which can be Facebooked and…Read more
- Our monthly review of movie poster typography.…Read more
- The comprehensive specimens in the FontBook app for iPad offer several layers of information for each featured typeface.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)