8 Faces #4 On Sale
You know you want it! Order your physical copy of issue 4 of 8 Faces here.
Printed on heavy stock, with a foil-blocked cover, and pressed at just 2000 limited editions, each issue is a true collector’s item. 8 Faces will be more at home on your bookshelf than in your magazine rack. Who said print is dead?
The magazine has one core question at its heart – if you could only use eight typefaces for the rest of your life, which would you choose? – and poses this (and many others) to eight leading designers from the fields of web design, print design, illustration, and of course type design itself.
Elliot Jay Stocks details what this fourth issue of 8 Faces has in store:
Last issue we experimented with printing using white ink on dark paper stock and it looked gorgeous… so we’ve done it again! This time, though, the paper itself is metallic (yet fibrous and uncoated, so absolutely lovely to touch) and looks great with the foil-blocked logo. Oh, and did we mention the cover was designed by our good friend Jessica Hische? Well, it was. Hurrah!
As always, we’ve got a fine bunch of talented interviewees:
- John Boardley – founder of I Love Typography
- Craig Mod – thought-leader on digital publishing
- Kris Sowersby – designer of our beloved FF Unit Slab
- Doug Wilson – director of Linotype: The Film
- Nadine Chahine – Arabic type expert
- David Březina – designer of the first ever 8 Faces artwork print
- Silas Dilworth & Neil Summerour of TypeTrust
After our interviews, we have 8 Steps To Beautiful Paragraph Text on the Web by Typekit’s Tim Brown, a review of Typography Sketchbooks by Christopher Murphy, and a showcase of the short film made by Microsoft that stars our ‘resident typomaniac’ Erik Spiekermann and yours truly. Oh, and don’t forget our beautiful typeface choice spreads, designed byJon Tan (who also wrote this issue’s introduction)!
Need another reason to buy the magazine? Well, we seem to be developing something of a reputation for bundling free type catalogues with 8 Faces, and issue #4 is no exception: every copy comes with a brand new catalogue from Typotheque and it’s lovely.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Printed on heavy, uncoated stock, with a foil-blocked cover, and pressed at just 2000 limited editions, each issue of 8…Read more
- Yesterday Elliot Jay Stocks launched the latest issue of his limited edition typography magazine 8 Faces, available in printed format and…Read more
- Pre-orders for physical copies of the second issue of typography magazine 8 Faces start on Wednesday, November 10, at 17:00…Read more
- The FontFeed is very proud and honoured to have been given internet-wide exclusivity for a sneak preview of the upcoming…Read more
- Over on our sister blog FontBlog FontShop AG General Manager Jürgen Siebert mentions the “making of” video for the cover…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)