2007 FontShop Calendar: Feb-June
June Featuring Armchair Modern™
With curves inspired by both Scandinavian furniture design and old-school cathode ray tube displays, Armchair Modern shows off its paces in a cool, summery June calendar.
May Featuring Anisette™
Dyana Weissman of the Font Bureau used their Anisette typeface to bring us an unabashedly flowery May. Jean-François Porchez’s font draws from the Art Deco lettering of French poster artist A. M. Cassandre.
- printable 11×17/8.5×11 (96k PDF)
- desktop wallpaper (168K JPG)
- widescreen desktop wallpaper (180K JPG)
April Featuring Freight™
Joshua Darden crafted this ambitious release for GarageFonts in 2005. Freight Serif and Sans are reliable text faces, and the inventive Micro is tuned for tiny print, but every font in the package has headline potential. It’s one of the most refreshing and useful families of the last few years.
- printable 11×17/8.5×11 (176k PDF)
- desktop wallpaper (64K GIF)
- widescreen desktop wallpaper (64K GIF)
Swedish designer Peter Bruhn tells the story of his typefaces featured in this month’s newsletter: “One day at lunch, having a hamburger, I looked at the ketchup package and noticed how the ink in the print had spread and made the small size lettering look very round. Using Corpus Gothic as a template, I’ve tried to imitate this in Ketchupa and Mustardo.”
- printable 11×17/8.5×11 (361k PDF)
- desktop wallpaper (319K JPG)
- widescreen desktop wallpaper (359K JPG)
February Featuring MVB Sirenne™
This month’s desktop wallpaper is from designer Alan Greene, using MVB Sirenne, a typeface he designed with Mark van Bronkhorst. The elegant serif family, inspired by a rare, 18th-century book, brings antique hand lettering to the digital world with a full set of weights, small caps, and swash italics, with separate cuts for large and small settings.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Last year’s FontFont calendar was so popular, we’re doing another. Like before, each month presents one of our favorite typefaces.…Read more
- October Featuring Neutraliser and Phlex The designers at Identikal bring us their urban, nighttime take on the month of October, complete…Read more
- September Featuring Ambroise and Parisine Take a break from the heat and dust of summer and enter a forest of mist…Read more
- July Featuring ARS Twenty and ARS Region Angus R. Shamal designed our July 2007 Calendar with two of his typefaces: ARS…Read more
- August Featuring Bureau Grot and Mayo A special edition of our FontShop 2007 calendar celebrates David Berlow and his SOTA Award…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)