17th and Oak Transforms Movie Quotes And Lyrics Into Typographic Prints
If you are looking for a present for a type-loving pop-culture addict, these posters from 17th and Oak might do the trick. After working in the design industry since 2004 Pete Ware wanted to branch out and focus on his own work. His love for print was the incentive to launch 17th and Oak, specialising in open run, personalised, one-of-a-kind and limited edition prints. An experiment in typography led to the creation of an ongoing series of prints based on Pete’s favourite movie quotes and lyrics. He then decided to take it one step further and offer the opportunity to design customers one-of-a-kind, personalised prints based on their favourite quotes and lyrics. The range of prints has now expanded beyond personalised prints with the addition of open run prints, limited edition prints and even t-shirts.
The Drive-In Prints visualise quotes from famous movies – the Star Wars series, Ghostbusters, Transformers, The Lord of The Rings, and so on. The To The Beat range uses lyrics from songs to turn images of pop artists into typographic compositions. With its rounded corners and tech-y character shapes the typeface looks like very much like ITC Conduit or a similar FF DIN-like typeface.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Lifelounge are somewhat obsessed with good typography, and to celebrate this obsession they collaborated with some of the most creative…Read more
- The last weekend of May the Hamilton Wood Type & Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin hosts a weekend-long celebration of…Read more
- The music video for “Nein Mann” by German electro house project Laserkraft 3D features hand lettering and dingbats that visualise…Read more
- Ligature, Loop & Stem have produced a modernist-style limited edition print with an overview of the vocabulary of typographic anatomy.…Read more
- Conceptual alphabets are not easy to get right. Throw in erotic subject matter, and you have yourself a recipe for…Read more